There's a little bit of Lake Wobegon in every church.
According to Garrison Keillor, Lake Wobegon is a place where:
- all the women are strong,
- all the men are good-looking, and
- all the children are above average.
- Their pastor preaches better than average.
- Their teachers teach better than average.
- Their people love more than most.
What if we strove to preach better, teach better, and love better?
Perhaps then we wouldn't have to say we're above average - it'd be obvious from our results!